Saturday, July 10, 2010

Rest In Peace Baby Luke


copied this from Luke's Blog.....

Saturday, July 10, 2010
Resting in the Arms of Jesus

As many of you probably know, Luke went home to see Jesus last night. Yesterday was a the nightmare of all nightmares for me and Kristin as his little body took an extreme turn for the worse. As a father, I cannot find the words to explain what his little arms and legs looked like. The doctor's are still not quite sure why the perfusion stopped to his extremities, but by noon yesterday there was no blood flow to any of them. If he had survived off the ECMO support, his limbs would have been amputated.

In the coming weeks we will take journeys back as we recall the few days our son had on this earth and how it made each of us grow closer to the Lord, and grow closer as a family. For the next few days, we will arrange Luke's Celebration Service, one in which God will orchestrate and the Holy Spirit will minister.

I will tell you that we had church last night and it echoed throughout Kosair. Brian Rafferty, Troy Long and Rob Hughes led a special Christening Service that turned into a worship service. Leah Hayes sang like she has never sang before to her little boyfriend. But most of all, God was glorified. We thanked Him for the ministry opportunity that He gave our son.

Though Luke was not healed in his physical body, he received complete healing last night! As hard as it will be for Kristin and I for the rest of our lives, we know that we know that we know that Jesus is Lord and that He did not fail us. We prayed for healing and for His will to be done. We never gave up on our son or on the promise of healing. Down to Luke's last breathe, we spoke life. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Our faith is not superficial and neither is our Savior. He is the King of Kings, and the the Lord of Lords.

Our prayer today is that as we begin to grieve the loss of our son, you will celebrate the miracles in your life. Thank God for all your blessings, and most of all draw closer to Him and enter into a personal relationship with Him.

Continue to lift my family up in your prayers. We never dreamed that we would ever have to face this kind of storm in our lives, and we don't understand why it had to happen, but we know that we have a support system beyond comprehension and that our little boy touched the world.

Luke 1:37 Ministries is alive and will always proclaim and believe that "Nothing is Impossible with God!"

-- Benson

we posted this poem on their Facebook page:
‎"Daddy please don't look so sad, momma please don't cry. Cause I'm in the arms of Jesus, and He sings me lullabies. Please try not to question God, don't think He is unkind. Don't think He sent me to you and then changed His mind. You see I'm a special child, I am needed up above. I'm the special gift you gave Him, a p...roduct of your love. I'll always be there with you, so watch the sky at night. Look for the brightest star and know that's my halo's brilliant light. You'll see me in the morning frost that mists your window pane. That's me in the summer showers, I'll be dancing in the rain. When you feel a gentle breeze from a gentle wind that blows. Know that it's me planting a kiss upon your nose. When you see a child playing and your heart feels a tug, Don't be sad mommy, that's just me giving your heart a hug. So daddy don't looks so sad and momma please don't cry. I'm in the arms of Jesus and he sings me lullabies!~Unknown

3 comments:

  1. Kacey, my heart is so broken for this family. I am so glad they know the comfort of the only One who can give them comfort right now. We will be praying for them as they grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacey - I too have grieved for friends and family who have said goodbye way before they should have. It is just....so hard on this side of heaven. Praise HIM that on the home side of heaven....tears are wiped away and only smiles remain, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete