Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Working Out At The Gym

Jaden did so GREAT at the gym yesterday. He actually was standing up with the therapist and doing the work all by himself. My heart was rejoicing because he hasn't never really wanted to stand up like this before. I'm so thankful I brought my camera along because I was debating if I should or if I shouldn't because last weeks therapy didn't go this good. His therapist was so amazed how in just only one week the difference in his overall strength.
We have had some special seating ordered for Jaden that's made and fitted just for him but it hasn't came in yet, so the Gym is letting us borrow some of there special chairs until his comes in. These special chairs helps him to sit up better than sitting in a bouncy and also will help to develop sitting all by himself. He has a bumbo chair and it works good but he also needs a couple more chairs to sit in until he can do it by himself.
sitting in his new little chair...

playing with the toy in front of him... you can see how this chair supports his chest to where he can play with whatever is in front of him and he don't have to worry about trying to sit and hold himself up at the same time.


His therapist Jamie working on his abs....

reaching out with his left hand, something that he struggles with....way to go Jaden

look at those little legs, he's bearing weight PRAISE THE LORD
Hoping that next weeks visit goes just like this one and that he will continue to get stronger and stronger. Thanks Shelby and Hanya for driving us to the Gym. This was Shelby's first time getting to go with us and Jaden loved it, she really helped him just by being there. I told her she was gonna have to start coming with us more often, but schools about to start.

5 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!I'm so glad to hear how well he is doing. I will continue to pray for sweet little Jaden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! He is getting so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is doing great! It is wonderful to see! I am glad you had a successful day at the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing him doing so well makes our hearts rejoice...God is so good! We are always thinking of you guys..Way to go, Jaden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to see him doing so well! I just love his smiling face!!

    ReplyDelete