Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Shelby Ann



Shelby decided that she wanted Hannah Montana theme for her 8th Birthday...So I had to get busy trying to decide how to decorate her cake....All the different cakes that I saw online just wasn't what I was wanting....So James and I came up with the idea that we would bake two separate cakes and cut into the shape of a guitar.....It turned out GREAT....

Jaden sampling the homemade butter cream icing...

side profile of the guitar.....It was big......


James did a perfect job drawing it out on top of the cake so I could cut it in the shape of Hannah's guitar...




Shelby's 8th Birthday Cake 2009



She was so excited when I delivered it to her house early that morning


say cheese for the picture......


all her friends said that they wanted one just like it for their Birthday.....




This was one of the gifts that We gave to Shelby....I wanted to make something special for her because this will be her last Birthday being the only child.....Next year at her birthday she will have a little brother or sister....I dug into 8 years worth of old photos and found the best one's and glued them on a grapvine wreath, along with hot gluing several different matching bows and buttons....Shed several tears and realized that she has grown up way, way, to fast.....She will always be my little Shelby Ann.....This special wreath turned out just exactly how I wanted it....


Shelby Ann we love you so much. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Shelby! I still remember how tiny she was at your wedding! The cake turned out great. What would we do without the designer James??!! You two make a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks awesome!! Ya'll did a good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake looks great! Great idea for the wreath!

    ReplyDelete