Friday, February 10, 2012

Look What We Got

New Wedding Rings just in time for Valentine's Day
So long story short:

This past September James and I celebrated our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary. James asked me how I wanted to celebrate it..

1. New Wedding Rings / Anniversary Set
or
2. Anniversary Trip to Cancun, Mexico

We together decided that we would rather head to Mexico for our 2nd journey and make some new memories than a new set of rings. We thought that there's always our 20 year Anniversary to look forward to for a new set. And that of course was the most perfect choice, however when we returned we then started thinking about how much the two of us would still love to have a White Gold set instead of our traditional Gold Set. You know 10 years ago that's pretty much all there was to choice from. But now 10 years later there are so many choices to pick from.
So after several trips to different Jewelry Shops and comparing prices, I just couldn't find the right ring I wanted. James shared with me maybe we could use all my same diamonds and just put them into a new White Gold Set. So we started looking for a new set to put my diamonds in and had no luck. James had his ring picked out within a matter of 1 store and me of course, no ring yet.
We then stopped by the Jewelry Store that we bought my Wedding Wrap at. We shared with the Jeweler there what we were wanting to do and he said to us, "why don't you just dip it". We said what? He shared with us that we could dip my Wedding Ring into White Gold and the cost fit perfectly into our budget. What a great idea! We had never heard of dipping, but so thankful he had because James was so sad to think that if I found a new White Gold Set that I would never wear my old ring, you know the ring that he placed on my finger all those years ago.
 We left my ring with the Jeweler and it was ready to be picked up just 2 days later. I was so excited when the Jeweler called and said it was ready. I actually had butterflies in my stomach when I went in to pick it up.


we went from this...
Our Rings 10 years ago


to this...

10 years later... The best part is that it's the same ring all except it's White Gold now and I love it!!!
Happy Anniversary all over again and Happy Valentine's Day to us!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome Kacey!!! I remember when you came to tell me how James purposed to you at Christmas in the Park, and how he researched diamonds and found the perfect one for you! Now you still have the same wonderful ring but in a new look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved your wedding ring, it looks beautiful in white gold too!

    ReplyDelete