Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How She Must Feel Tonight....
















My family had to make a decision today that has broken my heart. They had to place my Mamaw Rosia whom I love with my whole heart in a nursing home. She went to the hospital last week because she was severely dehydrated and she also was passing blood. Being in the hospital they ran several tests. The test they ran on her heart showed that it's only working 40%. That explains why she doesn't feel good, no energy, not eating, not able to stand up....
Since she is so weak my Aunt Brenda (my dad's sister) was not gonna be able to give her the care that she needs at home. Mamaw has lived with her for the last couple of years. Our hope is that it will only be temporary until she gains strength through therapy they will be giving her. Then she can come back home.
So tonight, my mind drifts within her room where she is at, I'm trying to imagine how she must feel. Knowing where she is at and not able to do anything about it. I know she must be so scared, thinking that she may never get to come back home....
Please pray for her and my family. The decision weighs so heavy on each of my families hearts but it was something that had to be done.

2 comments:

  1. I know how hard that is. We had to put my grandpa in one last summer and it was the most heart breaking thing! The boys and I went to visit him every single week... and each time I was sick when I left, thinking about him having to stay... I am praying for you and hurting for you. I know how special our grandparents are to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know what to say. except that she is going to get the care that she needs and that God will heal her and her broken heart,believe me I see patients left and it is like leaving a kid at a strangers house, so sad as a nurse or tech you just have to hope that the family will help lift the loved one up and that is what we have to do so she wont feel left alone!

    ReplyDelete